Nevada Pardons

The only way to restore your gun rights after being convicted of a crime in Nevada, is through a pardon. In addition, a pardon will also restore your right to vote and your right to serve on a jury in a civil case.

What is a pardon?

A pardon “forgives” a person’s past crime, which is why it restores your gun rights. But it does not remove the conviction from your record. A pardon board made up of the Governor, Nevada Supreme Court Justices, and the Nevada Attorney General must approve the pardon before it is issued.

How do I get a pardon?

In order to obtain a pardon, an application must be submitted to the Nevada Board of Pardons Commissioners. From there, a background check is performed and an investigator reviews your application. The wait time to appear in front of the pardon board can be approximately 1 year. This is why it is important to have an attorney prepare your pardon application, so as to prevent any unnecessary delays and ensure that the best possible application is submitted on your behalf.

What Does the Board Consider?

A Pardon will the granted if the applicant has demonstrated good conduct for a substantial period of time.  The Board will look at the following criteria:

Post conviction conduct, character and reputation;

Seriousness and relative recency of the offense;

Acceptance of responsibility, remorse and atonement; and

Need for relief.

The Pardon Boards considers all applicants on their own merits.  The Board will look at the following criteria to determine NOT to grant your Pardon:

The nature or severity of the crime;

Prior criminal history;

Overall community adjustment; and

The discovery of other adverse information.

If you are considering a pardon call our firm today at 702-895-9111 for a free consultation.

This is for informative purposes only.  This does not create an attorney-client relationship.



5 Years after the case is closed for a Misdemeanor crime of Domestic Violence.

6 Years after release from probation, parole or prison for a category E Felony.

8 Years after the release from Probation for a category B, C or D felony.

9 Years from release from prison or parole for a category D or C Felony.

10 Years from release from prison or parole for a category B Felony.

12 Years from release from prison or parole for a category A felony.


Excellent Criminal Law Attorney
Adam did an excellent job in his representation of my criminal case. He was honest, supportive and informative all the way through the case. He is everything I could hope for in an attorney. I highly recommend Adam for anyone to use as their attorney.


Traffic Citation
Attorney Adam Graves got my traffic ticket reduced from speeding to illegal parking. Thanks to him I will have a small fee, no traffic school, and no points on my record. I would highly recommend him.


Ticket Reduced!
Adam was great. He spent a little time on the phone talking with me about the options for handling my case, did what he said he would and got the result he thought I'd get, which was a lowered fine by $100 and no moving violation. Very easy process, I'd highly recommend him.

Nick Thorsch